Politics
Allegations of result sheet snatching. Disruption, others trail APC primaries in Anambra
By Our Correspondent
Aspirants at the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the weekend raised alarm over allegations of result sheet snatching, disruption of the electoral process and violent invasion of party secretariats by suspected political thugs is trailing the All Progressives Congress, (APC) House of Representatives primaries in Anambra State.
Following the ugly incident one of the aspirants vying for the ticket to represent Anambra East/West Federal Constituency seat, Patrick Obalim Udoba, popularly known as “Ezego-Anami,” who spoke to journalists in Awka on Sunday called for the cancellation of the primaries in 11 wards of Anambra East Local Government Area citing alleged irregularities and violent interference by hoodlums.
He urged the leadership of the APC to suspend the announcement of results from the affected areas pending proper ratification in line with the party’s constitution and electoral guidelines.
Udoba also appealed to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party to intervene in the matter to avert what he described as a miscarriage of democratic process.
While noting that the alleged incident took place during the conduct of the primaries in Anambra East Local Government Area, which is the party chairman , Emma Anosike’s local government, he said, “I am very sad with the way and manner the primaries were conducted in Anambra East Local Government Area,
“Out of the 15 wards in the council area, result sheets from 11 wards were snatched by suspected hoodlums, leaving only four wards intact.
“I want the election committee to cancel the exercise in the affected wards or alternatively count the four wards transparently to prove my point..
“Armed thugs invaded the APC secretariat in Otuocha, venue for the distribution and collation of election materials, shooting sporadically into the air before carting away sensitive materials, including result sheets.
Udoba, who is currently the member representing Anambra West State Constituency in the Anambra State House of Assembly, said that he contested the primary alongside Mr Hilary Uduh and Lady Ifeoma Chukwuma.
The development has sparked intense reactions among party faithful and political stakeholders across the state, with some aggrieved aspirants and their supporters demanding outright cancellation of the exercise.
Meanwhile, former governorship candidate of the Young Progressives Party (YPP), Paul Chukwuma who is being fingered for the development has denied having any involvement in the controversy, describing the allegations against him as false and malicious.
He threatened legal action against individuals allegedly linking him to the disruption and snatching of election materials.
Recall that Chukwuma after contesting the November 8, 2025 governorship election under the YPP platform, recently returned to the APC.
In his reactions, Chukwuma said he had been overseas for months following the burial of his sister, who died in Germany shortly after the governorship election.
His words, “So how on earth could anyone link or connect me to House of Representatives primary election? More so, I am not connected to any of the three candidates vying for the Reps seat.
“What I could not do for myself during my governorship election because electoral violence and misconduct are not in my character, how then could I do so for someone else?”
He insisted that he would immediately institute legal proceedings against those linking his name to the alleged electoral misconduct.
However, Lady Ifeoma Chukwuma and Hilary Uduh have declined comments, insisting that the official results were yet to be announced.
Meanwhile, reports have it that similar disagreements also erupted in the Idemili Federal Constituency primary election.
In the Idemili contest, Barrister Kingsley Ezekwelu was said to have won in most of the wards to emerge victorious, while another aspirant, Innocent Igboekwe, reportedly rejected the outcome and called for cancellation of the election alongside Chief Epiphany.
The aggrieved aspirants alleged that sensitive election materials, especially result sheets, were snatched at the APC state secretariat in Awka in full public glare at about 5:30 p.m. on Saturday.
When contacted, the APC state chairman, Senator Emmanuel Anosike, said it was too early to make definitive comments on the matter as collation was still ongoing.
He said, “More than half of the results are yet to be received, so it is premature to make reasonable comments.”
Politics
Additional Setbacks For Gov Fubara As APC Disqualifies Banigo, Danagogo, Clears Wike’s Men for Rivers Senatorial Primaries
By Our Correspondent
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Screening Committee for senatorial primaries in Rivers State has disqualified four high-profile aspirants loyal to Governor Siminalayi Fubara including his ex-SSG, Tammy Danagogo.
As serving Senator representing Rivers West District, Dr. Mrs. Ipalibo Banigo, former Staff of NSA, Ojukaye Flag-Amachree, and businessman, Tein Jack-Rich all perceived to be loyal to the governor.
The screening committee meanwhile, cleared loyalists of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, including Bro. Felix Obuah and Senator Allwell Onyesoh who is also seeking a return to the Senate, alongside other aspirants.
Obuah, a former PDP Chairman in Rivers State from Rivers West, recently purchased his nomination form and was cleared for the Senate race. His candidacy has raised questions over the timing of his defection to the APC, as he was present at both the APC and PDP national conventions.
Senator Allwell Onyesoh of Rivers East and Senator Ipalibo Banigo of Rivers West were among notable figures who defected to the APC in recent weeks following a wave of defections from the Peoples Democratic Party.
The screening outcome as announced is expected to alter the dynamics of the APC senatorial primaries across the 3 senatorial districts of the state on Monday, 18th May, 2026.
Daily Echoes Media gathered that the screening focused on eligibility criteria such as party membership status, financial obligations, and other constitutional requirements. The final list is expected to be released officially.
The results of Monday’s primaries are likely to further influence the ongoing political realignment in Rivers State, where control of the three senatorial seats remains a key battleground between rival factions.
Politics
2027 Election: Niger state APC conducts its primaries by Consensus arrangement to select candidates
By Uthman-Baba Naseer, Minna
The ruling All Progressives Congress in Niger State over the weekend across the twenty five Local Government Areas conducted its party Primaries of the state ahead of the 2027 general elections, with some areas adopting consensus arrangements to select candidates.
In Chanchaga Local Government Area, three aspirants initially contested for the party’s ticket for the House of Representatives seat. However, the incumbent lawmaker, Abubakar Audu Buba, stepped down from the race, allowing the remaining aspirants to continue with the contest.
Party supporters described the decision as a move aimed at promoting unity and ensuring a peaceful primary election process within the constituency.
In Bosso Local Government Area, the atmosphere also remained peaceful as six aspirants contested for the APC ticket to represent the Bosso/Paikoro Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives during the 2027 elections.
Despite the peaceful conduct recorded in many areas, some wards experienced delays in the commencement of voting due to large crowds of party supporters who gathered at polling centres to witness the exercise. The heavy turnout and logistical challenges reportedly affected the early start of the primaries in some locations.
However, party officials and security personnel maintained order throughout the exercise, while no case of violence or major disruption was reported in the Chanchaga and Bosso/Paikoro constituencies.
Reports from the Gurara/Tafa/Suleja Federal Constituency indicated that the primary election could not hold following allegations of candidate imposition involving the incumbent member representing the constituency. Aggrieved party members were said to have protested against the development.
In the Mokwa/Lavun/Edati Federal Constituency, former Speaker of the Niger State House of Assembly, Adamu Usman, emerged as the consensus candidate of the party.
Similarly, reports from Shiroro Federal Constituency indicated that the election was not conducted due to allegations of candidate imposition, leading to disagreements among party members.
While many APC members praised the peaceful conduct of the primaries across most parts of the state, some aggrieved members alleged irregularities and accused party officials of rigging the process.
The primaries form part of the APC’s preparations for the 2027 general elections as aspirants seek the party’s mandate to contest various elective positions across Niger State.
However,they were public out cries across the twenty five local government where the APC Primaries were conducted alleging that the imposition of aspirants took over the centre stage of conduct of the Primaries.
One of the aspirant of APC in Paikoro Local Government, Alhaji Adamu Makun Sheikh alleged that out of the eleven wards of the local government area election was conducted and inconclusive.
He said that the election was rescheduled to take place by nine o’clock on Sunday,”we are all at the venue and none of the officials were presence”
He threaten to take appropriate legal action if nothing is done to address the abnormality recorded in the conduct of the APC Primaries in Niger
Politics
Senator Agadaga Denies Media Reports of Withdrawal from the Race
By David Owei,Bayelsa
The senator representing Bayelsa East at the Senate ,senator Benson Agadaga has denied a popurted media reports about his withdrawal from the Senatorial race.
A statement by his media team made available to journalists
Stated that
“Our attention has been drawn to a false and misleading narrative currently circulating across various social media platforms alleging that the Senator representing Bayelsa East Senatorial district has voluntarily withdrawn from the APC Senatorial Primaries scheduled for Monday, May 18, 2026.”
It stated further that “we wish to state categorically that the information is false, baseless, and as such should be disregarded by the general public, party faithfuls, supporters, and well-wishers.
Senator Benson Agadaga MON, remains fully in the race and have neither withdrawn nor stepped down for anyone.”
According to the statement, they sincerely appreciate the overwhelming support, prayers, and encouragement from our leaders, stakeholders, party members, and the good people of Bayelsa East Senatorial District and
urge everyone to remain calm, focused, and committed as we continue this journey together.
-
Politics1 year agoGov Okpebholo moves to end Cultism *Threatens action against leading cult groups *Vows to demolish more cult houses in Edo State
-
Politics9 months agoASUU-NDU protest against FG loans, unpaid salaries,Non-Implementation of agreements …..says loans is generational slavery
-
Business & Economy9 months agoPC-NCG Issues Disclaimer on Purported Nigerian Coast Guard National Orientation Exercise In Anambra State
-
Entertainment2 years agoJubilation galore as Parishioners of CKC Kurudu celebrate their cultural heritage ….FG should exploit our Cultural heritage to unite Nigerians-Rev Fr Dim
-
Sports3 months agoBayelsa-born ex-football star’s son, Opuama donates spike shoes to Athletics Association
-
General News2 years agoReps hold public hearing on FMC Ugwuaji Awkunanaw
-
General News2 years agoCelebration galore as UDA Successfully Elected New Exco ……I will digitalize processes that will raise UDA to greater height -Comr. Okejiri
-
Law & Crime10 months agoLegal practitioner raises alarm over threat to his life by CSP Muhammed Abdulkareem
